So my Usborne adventure has been fun so far. I've got my first home show scheduled (at my house - it's my show) and I can't wait. All the invites are out and we'll see how it goes.
Today I went down to the Southern Women's Show in Charlotte to work at a booth with an Usborne senior supervisor. Her name was Jill and she was awesome. Her booth was AMAZING! It was hard for me to keep my hands off the books and help people browsing through them. I was in heaven. So many great titles, it was so fun to see them all in person, and to see people discovering them for the first time. I've already made my wish list and it is long. Hopefully over time I will begin to create the library for my kids that I'm dreaming of!
By the way, anyone who wants to come and visit me during the Southern Women's Show next year, totally do it! It was so awesome to see all the Southern ladies with their custom pull carts, bedazzled denim, pedicured toes and perfect makeup. Just the sights, smells (hello - they have mini donuts...) and atmosphere was an experience in itself. I'm so glad I went - and I even got a great lead for an Usborne fundraiser!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sounds like fun, Ang. I'm glad you're having so much fun with it. They're great books, eh? Wish you lived closer, so I could come to your party!
Okay, I want the book that is English/French. I saw it at a store and it was so cute! It had little flaps that (when opened) showed the french version for the word being used. So cute!
Does it ring a bell?
Wow Anj! Sounds like you've been "Usborne-again" (Cam made me put that)southern style. I'm jealous of your charisma. I would love to be able to have the sanity and focus to make a little side $, but alas. I'll have to check out the "library" and see if there's anything for the littles for Christmas!
Dude! All about the mini donuts. Oh yeah baby. I need some suggestions from you for some good books for my kiddies for Christmas. I'm in need of some good ones!
Post a Comment