We stopped at Chili's for some grub and then began one of the funniest conversations I've had in a LONG time. It's was almost more funny that the hostess, who I swear wasn't a day over 14, sat us directly across the aisle from another couple in a nearly empty restaurant. The poor couple most likely had their dinner conversation ruined by our cackling and story telling. They know more about us now than our parents do!
We talked about regret - not the kind where you say to yourself, "dang, i wish I hadn't done that" but more about the things we wished we had done or had the courage to say in our pasts. We had to many good laughs rehashing old flames and old friends and sharing how our life experiences have shaped us. Those who know Nan and I well know that we weren't always close as teenagers, but she's become my dearest friend. And isn't that they way sisters should be?

9 comments:
It's great that you and your Sis are such terrific friends! I love the picture!!!!!
Fun pictures! I swear, Nan looks more like Goldie every time I see her. Cute ladies - I miss you both!
Glad you got a chance to do some sister bonding. The two of you are so much fun. And beautiful!
Can't believe how much Tanya looks like your mom. Fun time!
-erin
love this post...you to me are one of the funniest people i've ever met, so i can imagine a convo with just you and nan. i tend to think that since you and julie are so funny, that all canadians are funny. your brothers included. i love your family and love that you and nan had some good bonding. much needed i am sure.
Fun sister bonding. I love it. There is so much comfort being with people who love you no matter what...and being with people who know your deepest darkest secrets! For those who are reading this...you know who you are!
BTW--how'd you do the picture montage thing? Very cool.
angie...this was by far the most fun i've had in a long, long time. I look forward to many more sister nights...hopefully soon. Like...within the year or so. So bummed you don't live here and yes...I totally look like the mother. Love you, Miss you, can't stand it.
I know just how you feel. It's so great to be friends now when growing up it wasn't always the case. I wish I lived closer to my sisters so bad. Your pics are so fun! I love how you did the montage.
Post a Comment