Monday, June 25, 2007

Going home and UNO

Only two more sleeps and the kids and I are on our way north to Canada for a few weeks. I'm so anxious to get home - it has been nearly 2 years. Well...more like 18 months. But still! That's a long time! I'm looking forward to yummy food, games around the table, puzzles, yummy food, shopping with my sister, tucking in bed and chatting with my mom, yummy food, taking my kids to the park, Bernard Callebaut chocolates, yummy food and basically just relaxing for a much needed break! I've heard about all the things my mom and dad have done to the house and am so looking forward to the finished product when the hardwood floors are finished the week after I get there. That should be fun right?! :) To Tom and Cyndi's credit the floor delay was not their fault.

Anyway, Mari and I have been playing some cutthroat games of UNO in preparation for what usually becomes of Glenn reunions - game marathons. If it is a game - we play it. There's the ususal Scrabble, Scene It, Dominoes...but it's the new games I'm looking forward to.

So here's the to great white north and of course...yummy food!

8 comments:

Fernandez Family said...

Great White North...currently white with fluff from trees...don't forget the allergy meds. So looking forward to games, movies and yes sister...yummy food. Two sleeps.

shannon said...

i am so jealous...can't i come too? i want yummy food and game marathons! Can't you eat some fudgee-0's for me? and some ketchup chips? and canadian oreo's?

Marilee said...

Have fun at home. I'll be there from the 8th to the 22nd. Can't wait! There is just somethin' about home!!

Thomas Glenn said...

Get ready Ang. Audrey and Bronwyn are to UNO what Bobby Fischer was to chess. One thing though, we need to work on sportsmanship before we get there.

Dottie said...

Canadian Oreo's? If you have to leave me here in NC, the least you can do is bring me back some of that yummy food! Do you think I'd get arrested, if while, at the airport I were hanging off your legs begging you not to go? I'll miss you for sure!

Julie said...

Don't forget the Caramilk bars and the Dill Pickle chips too! Also, there's nothing like Candian Mac and Cheese. YUMMY! You guys should go pick yourselves up a game of Canasta. Its sooooooooo fun! Janet, Marilee and I had some serious battles a couple of years back. Have fun and travel safe. You can always mail me some caramilk bars if you so get the urge...just a suggestion. :)

Amy Glenn said...

Bring on the UNO...

mamanicky said...

Have fun in Canada! Good escape from sweating here in NC. We'll see you when you get back. Thursday mornings at 11:30 am will be unofficial pool day. Be Safe and be sure to eat some yummy food for me. :)