Last night was the annual All Star race hosted at the Lowe's Motor Speedway. Phil had won some tickets at a work lunch earlier in the week and since he was working at the track, gave them to me to use. I invited Dottie - her husband is one of the truck drivers for the #48 Lowe's team. Dottie is in my ward and a great friend of mine. The Lowe's team won the championship last year and they have won most of the races so far this year. She was anxious to see her team take another win. They narrowly missed it, finishing second.
We had a blast! It was so nice to sit behind glass - no smoking, no debris in your eye, and no need for headsets and ear plugs. The seats were pretty comfortable and we were high up enough that our view was not obstructed by the fans out in the grandstand.
Phil's car qualified well for the Open (which precedes the all-star race) and they narrowly missed several crashes to finish 15th. This did not however, get them a spot in the all-star event. The other RedBull car, driven by Brian Vickers, was in the all-star race (due to his performance in previous years) and he avoided most of the mayhem to finish 13th. Only the all-star race winner truly wins though...over a million dollars! None of the other finishing positions payout in the all-star race.
Anyway, if you've never been to a race, here is a little sample of what a restart after a caution is like. The video clip cracks me up because both Dottie and I despise Kurt Busch (another driver) and her comment on the video just says it all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Hey! I didn't know you were videoing or I would have said something a little less, oh I don't know, redneckish! I had a BLAST! You didn't mention how hilarious I was speaking for the campers who couldn't find their keys, or the fact that we screamed at 4 grown men walking in front of us when we were trying to leave. Thanks Phillip for sharing your wealth and thanks Angie for taking me! Love Ya!
'Looks like a lot of fun!
Thomas took the words right out of my mouth. I think it would be a lot of fun to go to a race! Noisy though, I bet.
How fun! That would rock to be in a box...glad you got to have the experience.
hey ange,
lost your blog link for a while but finally found it again. looks like you have a fun life in nc! can't believe you have a 5 yr old but then can hardly believe i have a 3 yr old and a newborn either. glad to find you again. we just got a blog if you want to see what we're up to: http://web.mac.com/mmeursie
i am still so jealous and mad that i couldn't make it...last minute. thanks for the notice!!! just kidding, but i am SO glad that you went anyways and i am totally with Dottie...but i would have used more explicit words!
i keep watching this over and over again...i am a retard. and jealous. hate you. smooches!
Post a Comment