Anyway, here are some photos from our little family gathering.

She really is as sweet at she looks! And little brother was a help with the gifts.

She got this awesome horse from her Grandma B (it walks and neighs!) and when asked what we should name it, she replied, "Let's name it Horney!" Phil and I both exchanged muffled laughs and I suggested 'Starlight' instead. She finally settled on the name of 'Elizabeth' for the horse. Any of you who know Philip well must be in shock of the photo of Dylan in Mari's new jewels. When I mentioned that I never thought Phil would let Dylan do that, he replied, "I'm just too tired to bother." (He just got home from a weekend in Richmond...including an extra day because of bad weather.) The horse totally freaks Dylan out by the way :)

This was no bland cake...be assured we piled our pieces with strawberries and whip cream! The 'real' cake will be consumed at the party on Wednesday.
We wish you could have joined us - thank you to those of you who sent gifts and called the birthday girl. She had a great day. Keep checking back for more birthday photos later in the week!

5 comments:
Happy birthday, Mari! Hope you have a fun party.
Love,
Uncle Tom, Auntie Amy, and cousins Audrey & Bronwyn
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARI~!
Looks like a fun family party! Hilarious about the Horse "horny" and even funnier that Dylan is scared of it. That would totally be Brady!
That is so funny about the horse name and Dylan putting on the jewelry and being scared of the horse. And that cake looks good, too... especially with strawberries! I can't believe Mari is already 5 years old!
Glad to see Dylan in the jewels--- BECAUSE, today I took Ian to the shoe store for sandals and he threw a serious fit (!) when I tried to take the "Wizard-of-Oz-sparkly-red-Dorothy-Slipper" off his foot! I calmed myself by thinking, of course he likes the sparkly one... way more fun than navy blue, right? =)
Can't believe you got the whole cake out of the pan! What's your secret?
Thanks for the post!
-erin
Post a Comment