Sunday, February 04, 2007

BUSTED!

The paintball fiasco has been solved...thanks to some suave sleuthing on Phil's part. Two Sundays ago (the day after the attack) the lesson in Elders quorum focused on forgiveness or something like that. Phil had made a comment describing the paintball attack and how we should turn the other cheek and not react in anger, etc. Basically I think we figured we'd never find the culprits.

Today at church Bro. G came up to Phil and said, "I heard you guys got paintballed a couple of weeks ago." Phil replied yes. G said, "About two days after our Sunday meetings I found my house too had been paintballed." He asked what color the paintballs were and Phil replied orange. Phil then asked if he knew of anyone with a car that matched the one that I saw and G replied with the name of a boy in our ward. He promptly walked him out to the parking lot where a white sedan matching my description was there, belonging to a boy in our ward.

After the block meetings today I mentioned this incident to this boy's father who said that they did indeed have paintball guns but that none of them were working. At the same time, Phil caught up with a member of our bishopric, Bro. M, who had overheard the convo with G. M, who has a teenage son also, said that he and his wife had been out of town the weekend of the incident. The pieces quickly began to fall into place.

We've received one apology phone call - but not yet one from the boy who was driving the car or from a second boy we know was involved. Nothing was damaged and of course, no one was hurt. It freaked me out pretty good but what it all boils down to was a prank from kids in our ward. As a past toilet-paper-er myself I can understand such pranks and what motivates them. But I do have issues with guns...any guns, paintball or otherwise.

I'd encourage them next time to stick with the good ol' rolls of the white stuff.

6 comments:

Thomas Glenn said...

Snap! Sucks to be you! 'Kidding. I hope the kid comes around.

Amy Glenn said...

At least you know who it was. That would give me some relief.

shannon said...

suck! that's awful to know it was kids in the ward to boot! at least you have solved the puzzle somewhat!

Lisa Danielson said...

Look at you Nancy Drew! At least you got one apology!

The Frosts said...

Whoa! At least you don't have to worry any more about it being a random act. You're also being REALLY nice about it - good for you. Hope you get more apologies!

Julie said...

That is crazy! I would kick my kid's a#* if they ever pulled a stunt like that on somebody! I'm with you! Stick to the roll's of T.P.