I'd decided to have our dinner made and just pick it up but the turkey bug caught me and I decided to make the meal myself. It was just right - enough food without major left overs - and all the yummy things everyone wants. The rolls were probably my least favorite. I have a great recipe I'd like to make someday when I actually have a mixer so this year we just had Rhodes rolls and they weren't that great. Everything else was so yummy. The kids were both napping so us adults could enjoy our meal and it was wonderful!
The other night our friends, the Bagozzi family, invited us to a local outdoor mall to watch Santa light the Christmas tree. I think we were misinformed because the tree was lit before Santa arrived but he did arrive in all his splendor in a horse drawn carriage. It was fun for the kids but this Santa held nothing next to Grandpa Tom's Santa getup. Dad, I wish you were coming here for Christmas!! You are the best Santa ever.
Anyway, I got one shot of Mari and I waiting for the 'big man in red' and then my camera died. In my angst I yelled to Santa that I'd like a new camera for Christmas. I hope he heard me!!
I told Mari to smile 'nice' but wasn't watching her as I was taking the photo. She's got quite the personality!

7 comments:
Sounds like a fun holiday, Ang. Glad you got to spend it with family. By the way, Bronwyn does the same thing when I ask her to smile for the camera. Hmmm... must be related!
quite the personality, AND QUITE THE LONG TONGUE! i've never seen a kid with that long of a tongue...she's amazing! i am glad you had fun with Mario there and phil got to have some rest! love you and miss you terribly!
Two things: I love the pose from Mari, because we were watching old Glenn home videos and you did the same things in the home videos. Personality! I am in charge of our Indian Education Christmas dinner and we are still looking for a Santa to come and I have asked Jage if he will dress up as Santa and we can pay him.Just like his Dad. I will for sure send pics. if it all goes through.
Fun times. I'm glad you guys got to relax and have a great time!
Mari, see how nice your mama is smiling? You both look so happy; isn't that what it's all about!
What?!? Dad is Santa? That's why I'm so screwed up! You know, someone's going to have to pay to keep me quiet!
Mari is turning into a little woman---she is so cute--I heard your dinner was super yummy and can't wait to see you guys:)
Post a Comment