Saturday, October 28, 2006

Two down, one to go

Tonight was the church Halloween party. I wasn't going to take the kids because they've both been a little iffy with colds and such. We decided to just go for it and actually had a great time. They had booths throughout the church, instead of everything crammed into the gym. They had the traditional cake walk, fishing pond and face painting but also had 'make your own' candy apples as well as a chili cook off. The kids were hungry and luckily the chili we ate wasn't too bad - but why doesn't anyone every make a vegetarian chili?? I just have issues with meat lately...




Is there a cuter lion??



Tonight she decided on her 'bad witch' makeup.

They also had a pie eating contest which was hilarious to watch and of course the trunk or treat. Dylan had a blast until a girl in stilts walked in. He was also very unnerved by the kids with masks. I even hate those 'Scream' masks - they're so creepy!! Marissa seemed very tired all night and was begging to go home by 7 o'clock. You can see that she didn't even make it home before she crashed. The classic girlie girl - she sleeps with legs crossed and even managed to hold onto her balloon. She was a tired witch!




These shots were from her school Halloween parade. The closeup is her 'good witch' makup.

One more party - Tuesday night. I'm looking forward to it but am excited for it to be over as well. Only 12 days until the WSH reunion in Phoenix. Can't wait to see you girls!!

12 comments:

Julie said...

To answer your question, no, there isn't a cute lion! He looks like a sad lion though...is he sad because he doesn't have courage? hahahaha! (I know I'm a loser). Anyways, cute photos! I love Mari dead asleep in the car and her bad witch makeup is very very wicked! I'm glad you had fun!

Fernandez Family said...

could marissa be any more gorgeous! I love the costumes - and no, no cuter lion than Dylan. where is your costume?

Krista Kinsman-Flaman said...

Great costumes! Marissa is one very gorgeous but wicked witch and Dylan is a very cute Lion. I think the Lion costume is my favorite kid costume this season. The both look so awesome...no picture of mom in her halloween costume?

shannon said...

agreed, no cuter lion or witch ever! i am glad you had fun at the church party! can't wait to see you either, 11 more sleeps!

Jocelyn said...

Angie... your kids are so stinkin cute! I love the costumes and I love how Marissa was totally conked out in the car with her legs still crossed! Happy Halloween!

Amy Glenn said...

Your kids look so cute in their Halloween costumes. Very cute. Have fun trick-or-treating tomorrow!

The Frosts said...

Cute, cute!! I love your little lion man. I love that picture of Mari asleep - with her legs crossed - so girly!! Kids look great!

Lisa Danielson said...

Sooo cute! Can't wait to play in Mexico!!We miss you guys!

Marilee said...

Cute costumes! Your kids are so adorable!

Tom & Cyndi said...

Ang, I just love your blogs. And the pics of the babies are the most.You and Phil have darling children. Keep those pics coming. love DAD

Thomas Glenn said...

Angie, Looking at your beautiful daughter, I just can't help but think of all the trouble she's going to get in. I think you're doing such a marvelous job with your kids. I love the costumes.

-TG

Krissy Marshall said...

yep it's official...you have the cutest kids!!
gotta love halloween