Saturday, September 09, 2006

Soccer n' things

We've had a busy week. We've all recently got over the flu and colds. Mari started school and soccer. My parents are closing on their condo on Monday so I've been occupied with walk-throughs and meetings with the builders. And our little D-man has been busily working on four new teeth (that I can see). So here is a little update on our happenings:


I think that Marissa looks so 'sporty' here. It was unusually warm for 5:15 pm (welcome to NC) and she kept saying, "Mom, my hair is hot!" She wore a hat to the next practice. Sometimes moms learn the hard way I guess.


Mari was so excited to get out there and play. "Coach Craig" obviously has a love of the game of soccer, but talks a lot - giving a lot of instruction. Mari got frustrated because he was making the kids stay still for so long. They all just wanted to run around like fools and kick the ball in the goal. Very appropriate for 4-year-olds if you ask me! :)


Kindly notice the hands on the hips if you will... (second from the left.)











Dylan was a good sport hangin' out in the stroller while Mari sat on her soccer ball. He loves my cell phone and I guess Phil called twice and Dylan happened to answer it. They 'da-da'd and 'ma-ma'd to each other for 10 minutes.

Dylan is the most 'free' sleeping child I've ever seen. He's never in the same position when I check on him and generally looks so incredibly comfortable. I thought maybe he just ended up this way a few nights ago when I took this picture. Anyway, last night I went in to check on him. He looked so cute in his bed so I stood there and watched him for a minute. He started to stir, then rolled himself over to this exact position. I guess it's his new thing.

7 comments:

Amy Glenn said...

Cute pictures! I especially love the soccer pictures. I can't get over how tall & skinny Mari is. Just like her mommy! Also LOVE Dylan's feet hanging out of his crib. Isn't it funny how they find some random, weird position and then find it again repeatedly?!

Fernandez Family said...

I loved your pictures. I'm with Amy - Mari is so incredibly tall and skinny. It does remind me of you when we were little. I love that you put her in soccer...mat would be proud. dylan is the greatest. Teo loved talking to him on the phone yesterday...we need to make that a habit! miss you.

shannon said...

collin is a crazy sleeper also...that and the fact that he doesn't sleep makes for a crazy kid. mari does look so cute at soccer practice...1sxwzq1a...that was from collin.

Jocelyn said...

I loved this post! Great pics! Mari looks super cute playing soccer and I love how she said her hair is hot! Ha! Dylan is funny with the phone and sleeping position. How cute that he answered the phone already!

Heather said...

Cute pics Angie, I would definitely say that Mari is very sporty looking! What a cutie. How fun your parents are getting a condo there!

Tom & Cyndi said...

Loved the sporty pictures! Dyl is just a casual sort of guy. And yes, the hands on the hips is purely genetic.

Julie said...

So nice. I love that Mari looks like such a little athlete. She's a total stylin sporty chick. And of course...D-man is so cute. Brady's slept like that a time or two with his little slugs hanging out the crib slats. So cute!