My dad was such a trooper when he arrived. I started listing off all of the things I wanted to do around the house. One of them was organizing the garage (we have nearly no storage inside the house) and to do that we needed to finish the walls inside. When we bought the house, they only finished half of the garage. My dad snapped his fingers (in a way only Thomas F can) and we were off to Lowe's...several times in fact!

My dad held the boards while I did all the power drilling.
Dylan was eager to help!

Mari wanted in on the action with her own hammer and nail.

And of course, whatever big sister does...little brother does too!
Me and Phil's power tools.

Dad enjoying lunch after hours of sanding.
Dad, thank you so much for your hard work! It was hard but the finished garage makes SUCH a difference. Your efforts totally motivated me to get some much needed dejunking and projects completed.
4 comments:
That's so fun that your parents came to visit and helped you with projects on your house, and made yummy cakes, and went swimming with the kids. Sounds like you guys had a good time!
Way to go Tom, I am sure it feels so good to have things like that done.
Oh the fun of the Dyrwalling! When we finished out basement in Utah, Steve and I were working on the walls in the bathroom and I was partially holding one on the ceiling. Steve got it anchored and told me I could let go and move and it fell on my head. Those suckers weigh a ton. That was the last time I helped.
Thomas F. looks fantastic! What a great Dad to drywall with you and I bet the one of you using the drill really turns Phil on!
Post a Comment