Thursday, August 31, 2006

Cake Makin'

Well, I finally have a few more minutes to update our blog. This is the first of several entries from the weeks since we returned from Chicago. The day I flew back to Charlotte, my mom and dad arrived. Their flight was a bit early; ours a bit late and they actually beat us to the airport. We met in the concourse and were able to walk to baggage claim to meet with Philip together.

We had a wonderful visit and I'm so appreciative of my parents for everything they did while they were here. My mom was amazing with watching the kids so my dad and I could work on projects and she stepped right in when I had a few cleaning tizzies! And my dad was so awesome with the completion of the drywall in our garage. I'm sure he was sore after all our hard work, but he didn't complain once. It was nice to have some bonding time with each of them - I miss you guys!

Here are some cute photos of Mari when she and Goldie (my mom) made a cake. It was delicious!

4 comments:

shannon said...

Those pictures totally remind me of myself when I was little...dark hair, fingers licking off something my mom and I made...yum.

Heather said...

Well Ang she ain't the cleanest cook around, but she sure is adorable! Hee Hee. It is always so fun to cook with Grandma.

Julie said...

It is really giving me anxiety to see all the chocolate on her shirt. Thank heavens for bleach! I love cooking with Grandma, even though my mom's idea of baking is throwing pre-made dough on a cookie sheet and I'm pretty sure Lou's never made cookies with my kids, even though she does make cookies. I'll have to put that on the agenda next time we're together.

angie j. said...

Amen on the anxiety of white shirts...I love me some bleach too. And just fyi...the shirt came out clean! :)