Friday, August 25, 2006

'Cago

Alright, alright! Stop harassing me...I've been a blogging slacker but for good reason. Since leaving for our trip to Chicago I feel like I've been running non-stop. I'm finally sitting down to upload my favs of the trip pics. Those of you with access to Julie's blog have probably seen some of these already. I have a link to her blog if you haven't.

Anyway, I packed up my monkeys and off we went to Julie's house in Plainfield, IL. I was a little nervous to see her - even though she's my best friend - it had been a long time. And we're moms now and stuff...I knew we'd be silly, but I didn't know how much like old times it would be. I had a blast! Thanks Julie and Teej for letting us come and stay for so long. It was fun.

So what would a trip with kids be without some barf right? Shortly after arriving, Julie's Jackson and Natalie seemed to have caught a little bit of a flu bug. We totally chilled at the house for a few days and that was fine with me. I was totally in the mood to relax and the kids were all pretty good.

Our trip to the Chicago zoo was so fun. I hadn't been to a zoo for a while and they have some very nice exhibits. I think the dolphin show was my favorite because I've never really seen one! And yes, what would a trip to the zoo with Angie and Julie be without a little scandalous story to tell? There were some fairly, let's say...comfortable gorillas in the monkey house. They felt no need to seek privacy for their...um, "monkey business". It was so hilarious and we joked about "gorilla porn" for the rest of the trip. Seriously - I think we were a bit scandalized!

Jules and I got a sitter and hit the temple one morning to do a session. Yes, we did get in trouble from Colleen, the nice temple lady. But again I ask, what would a temple session with Julie and Angie be without a little scolding? We weren't misbehaving, Julie just asked me a question in the way she asks questions and I couldn't keep my giggles in check. My bad - though Julie did apologize for getting me in trouble. What are we? 14? :)

We also enjoyed an adults night out to see the movie "World Trade Center". I thought it was touching and felt like the producers did a good job of not including gratuitious shots of the horror of that day (people jumping from the buildings, etc.) I'm convinced that no media on the subject of 9/11, whether actual footage or Hollywood's depictions, will ever be easy to watch.

Anyway, we had a blast and it was so fun to reconnect after nearly 2.5 years. Love ya Jules!!

(Here are some pics...I could only get these ones to load and will post again the rest of my photos.)

My namesake - Nanny Rae. She is the best when it comes to posing for pictures.

See! What a doll.

Silly face - cute isn't it?

I wonder where Marissa gets her silliness from...hmmm...

Jules and Teej - love you guys.

Jules and Ang - love us!

Brady is the coolest 2 year old around. I love everything about him.

Oh yeah, check out my skills! Actually, I totally can't bowl. Jackson out-bowled me every game - he's awesome!

I love this picture. Pretty good especially considering how late we had our kids up that night and how totally worked Dylan was.

Natalie chose some socks for her and Marissa to bowl in. I thought her choice was adorable so, of course I took a picture!

6 comments:

Evie B. said...

I love these! It looks like you guys had so much fun. And, seriously, could your kids be any cuter (all five of them)? Ugh. :)

Heather said...

How fun Ang, I know Julie had a blast!

Julie said...

You did a much better job of logging the details of our visit! Love you and miss you! Can't wait till November!

shannon said...

So fun and I am glad that you have finally posted! Although I know you have busy with Grandpa and Goldie in town...Love you!

Marilee said...

Cute Ang!! I'm glad you guys had such a fun time together!

Mands Glenn said...

Ang,I didnt realize how much you and Jage really do look alike and you look so hot and skinny. Dang girl!
love, Sister Mands