Well, the fireworks have been going off for a week now and frankly, I'm anxious for this holiday to be over with. My poor kids! Marissa just laid in bed for over an hour the other night because the neighbor kids were going nuts-o with the firecrackers. I'm sure that neither of my kids will be getting much sleep tonight!
We went to a ward party today at the home of a family that owns a pool. It's been so hot here that being in the pool sounded like a great idea. It was almost too hot to be at the pool, but we tried to enjoy it. As I was lotioning Dylan up for round two Marissa came to me crying with a bloody toe. I figured she'd been running and that she'd stubbed it on something. She sat down on a towel and as I was trying to stop the bleeding on that toe, the toes on her other foot started to bleed. Well at this point, Dylan's sunscreen wasn't totally rubbed in and of course he got it on his hands and then rubbed his eyes...
I got my bleeding, screaming children out as fast as I could. It was just one of 'those' moments. I felt so bad for them...not to mention stuffing them in a car that's been sitting in 95 degree sun for over an hour and strapping them into their seats. Poor kids! We're going to grill a quick dinner and stay in the A/C for the rest of the evening - perhaps enjoy a fireworks show on TV. Hope your 4th is a little less eventful than ours!
ps. the bottom of their pool is kind of rough and I guess Mari just rubbed her toes a little raw. nearly each toe is now wrapped in wiggles and dora bandaids that "make everything all better." Mari says, "thanks for taking such good care of me mom." awww....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dear Angie,
I don't miss days like that. But I do miss my kids. For the 4th I went rock climbing with a friend. We each did 3 30 metre pitches in the beautiful Vachau valley. It was perfect. Happy Birthday U.S.
-Uncle Tom
Poor kids Ang. I totally feel your pain about one of "those" days. We've all had our fair share! Kiss those cute little scraped up toes for me--wait until they're clean though of course.
Love, Auntie Julie
Post a Comment