ok, so it has been exactly ONE month since my last post and i haven't really FELT like blogging, not to mention the time i also haven't really been able to find to do it. but amazingly enough, right now i have a few minutes and so i will blog.
the top 5 reasons why i haven't blogged:
5) don't feel like it, as i've already mentioned.
4) my computer doesn't have a place to call "home". our home office had been in the dining room after eli booted it out of his room. then the desk took residence in our bedroom so philip could have a quiet place to study. so my computer has been at the kitchen table, kitchen counter, master bed and living room coffee table. NONE of these places are where my external hard drive is located - which has all my photos on it - and thus, made it hard to blog pictures and such.
3) there ain't a whole lot going on around here for me to post about. i'm a mom. i do mom stuff. wipe noses & bottoms, bathe babies, make beds, do laundry, make meals (sometimes), vacuum, tidy over and over and over and over again... not exactly the stuff of legend. i'm not complaining - i love to do it or else i wouldn't. but because i do it doesn't mean i want to BLOG about it. i posted about my laundry on facebook a few weeks ago and a firestorm of opinions ensued between comments. i deleted the post and wished i'd just kept the details of my "job" to myself.
2) it seems like there is always something else i SHOULD be doing. it's like that with a lot of things....reading my scriptures, writing letters to my grannies, sending thank you notes from my baby shower last fall, making dinner, planning sharing time for the next sunday, finishing my blog book from 2006 (instead of adding more posts to the pile!), playing with my kids, folding the laundry, exercising for heaven's sake! the list goes on. blogging feels selfish sometimes.
1) dylan is now here, pushing every button on my computer, opening the drawers of my desk, drinking my drink, turning the lights on and off, begging to look at pictures of himself, climbing on me, climbing on my chair...basically DRIVING ME NUTS. and THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is the number one reason why i haven't blogged lately. because i'd rather be playing with him than sitting at this computer.
enjoy the pictures (sorry, most of them are off my iphone). i love you all. i'll get back on the blogging pony one of these days...
my new favorite picture of mari. she's just so pretty.
eli's one and only kitchen sink bath so far. it was also one of the first times we got him smiling at the camera.
he hates being on his tummy, so this was a rare grin.
hanging out with daddy. i love baby boys in church clothes.
the new bumbo. obviously the listing indicates he's not quite ready for it.
this is how dylan fell asleep during quiet time last week.
oh the cheeks just get bigger and bigger...
taken this morning - getting stronger! and apparently flipping the bird...
dylan got to bring home the class pet sally. we thought a banana would be an appropriate snack.
after one of our several school-closing winter storms.
my heart is melting...
one of the latest!

10 comments:
Such a sweet boy. He is such a great combination of both Mari and Dylan.
All is now right in my world. I haven't even been over since Eli was born, completely forgoet that your office has been relocated, relocated, relocated!
your babe is such a cutie. looks alot like philip. hope all is well. if it makes you feel any better lila is 8 months old and my blog has been neglected too. the only reason i do it is for my yearly blurb book--the joys of mommyhood!!
Aahhh.. your baby boy is so cute. I wish I could get up the courage to try for one of my own ;). Seriously, he is adorable. I too have lost my love for blogging but try to plug along a few times a month. I say enjoy your kiddos while you can. I must have missed the laundry drama! That is FUNNY!
Such great pictures, Ang! I'm glad you posted. It's knowing the day-to-day little things about each other that helps us feel more connected to one another. I think it's all important.=) Mari is so pretty, Dylan so cute, and Eli, Eli... he is SO SWEET! I want to kiss his chubby cheeks. Thanks for posting, Ang.
Thanks for the update...FINALLY!!!!! Just kidding. I understand. I myself am in a blogging slump. But don't think of blogging as selfish. Its for posterity right?
ps---DARLING DARLING DARLING pictures of the kids. Eli is just too darn cute!
Oh my gosh, Eli is getting so big! and he's so dang handsome!!! And I'm loving your other kids too, you seriously have a simply gorgeous family. :)
I know how you feel about blogging these days. There just seems to be not enough time in the day, and not enough exciting things to blog about but these pictures of your kids are adorable Eli is getting so big and he is so beautiful.
Your kids are so cute and your baby is getting so big already. I love those Jammies Eli is wearing, Noah has some similar and they are super softy. You are cute and I am with you on the blogging.
Post a Comment