Friday, July 24, 2009

what's in a name?

we've been talking a lot about baby names now that we know we are having another boy. the kids have their opinions. dylan's top choices right now are: Darth Vader Ugly Jimenez or Zach. mari likes Oliver. i have to say i'm definitely leaning towards Mari on this round of talks.

any suggestions for names would be greatly appreciated. preferably nothing to do with Star Wars or Ugliness.

13 comments:

Amy Glenn said...

I'm with Mari- I like Oliver! It was high up on our list of names. Although, I don't know if Oliver is the best fit with your last name. Are you guys considering a Latino name?

Heather said...

I am with you on names, we still have not come up with one yet. We have a list, but still haven't narrowed it down.

shannon said...

Oliver is my number one boy name! If Eden was a boy, she would have been Oliver. I love the names Hudson, (but hudson jimenez sounds awful, i know) Chase, or Corbin. i'll think of some more and let you know. what about han solo? annekin?

Daniel said...

The smartest kid I know in my program is named Oliver, he's a really cool kid. so...yea...

Lisa Danielson said...

i like zach!! jimenez is a tricky last name to have. boy names are hard--good luck, i'm sure you'll pick a good one.

Monica said...

it is so funny the names kids come up with. I like traditional names. Good luck with your baby naming.

Krista said...

matt likes either harry or jimmy. he thinks he's SO funny :)

Steph said...

I know a GREAT little guy named Zach, I say that is the name to pick. It also goes well with hispanic last names. ;)

We had a hard time deciding on boy names. I don't know what we will name our next boy, if we have another.
Zach II?
I like the "Darth Vader Ugly" combo. Hilarious.

Langdon and Raquel said...

I also love Dylan's name choice--for a good laugh, not for the baby. For your sweet baby you could always do what we did--scour the name books for months for possible names, then throw all of them out at the last minute and use family ones that you have always loved but your husband vetoed until he was facing the alternatives. That's how we get name commitment around here, anyway.

Melissa said...

Nicole and Ted are thinking Oliver too! I think it's the most adorable name!

Dottie said...

What's in a blog? :-)

Love and Miss you and your blog!

Krista said...

dottie - always gotta remind a girl when she's slackin', don't ya??? :)

Julie said...

I have zero name suggestions for you. Oh wait...NOT true! There was a kid on Jack's baseball team named Camden and I thought that was a super cute name. A nice spin on Cameron...but maybe 2 Cam's in the family would be a bit much!