Sunday, May 31, 2009

the bright side

i've had no motivation to blog, let alone do most things lately. i'm tired. so, so tired.

i miss my husband and i especially miss my siblings and parents. i dream of living even a 12-hour drive away. if i could do it in a day, that would be such a treat. i feel so far from everyone.

but i am also the kind of person who likes to see the bright side of things. i can't complain too much about my life - it could certainly be so much worse. lots of people are really struggling. yesterday we gave an old mattress/box spring/frame to a woman in our ward who has nothing. and i mean n-o-t-h-i-n-g.

it feels good to give and share and uplift and serve. i was so grouchy when i went to church today, but couldn't wait to get into primary and listen to the kids sing and see the happiness they feel. most of them haven't got a care in the world.

so tonight i feel like i need to express gratitude. it is humbling to catalog one's blessings.

lately i've been thankful i don't have cankles. if you don't know what those are, you should google the word . i may continue to grow more rotund each day, but thanks to my good genes, i won't have cankels and that makes me happy.

i send my love to all of you i mentioned above. missing you like crazy. hoping it won't be forever until we get to hang again.

9 comments:

Mands Glenn said...

Tonight we were on Ichat with Teo and he said the first article of faith to Lilly and I got a bit emotional and tried to hide it. I hate that we are all so far away. It dosen't seem right. Thanks for your sweet post. I needed it. I am so thankful for so many things ( especially SIL's I can call my own). Love and miss you. We need some tummy shots soon. Love ya!

Heather said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Although I am within a days drive and it is still to far for me! I try not to complain though. I am also thankful that I don't have cankles! Hopefully they will stay away!

erin said...

Nothing like watching primary kids to put things in perspective, hu? =)
Hope you get some of your energy back soon!
We miss you guys too---
Family Reunion?

Dottie said...

Okay, so what are we doing tomorrow? :-)

shannon said...

and what about me??? you better miss me like crazy. maybe i am grouped in with the "siblings" part. =)

Lisa Danielson said...

I hear ya! It must be hard to live far away. I hope you start feeling better soon. November is just around the corner:)

Melissa said...

Love ya Angie, hang in there!!

Melissa said...

Love ya Angie, hang in there!!

Julie said...

You're so cute. Sorry you were so sad but way to look on the bright side of things. No cankles is a good thing!!!!