Monday, January 28, 2008

Prophet of my time



Many of you have the same love, adoration and respect for President Gordon B. Hinckley that I do. He was the prophet through the most influential and crucial years of my life. I was saddened to hear of his passing this past Sunday. However, I feel the same for him as I did when my Grandpa Ursenbach passed away. These men - these amazingly strong and faithful men - have returned home with honor. How sweet their reunions with loved ones must have been.

I love this picture of President Hinckley with Brigham Young - my 3rd great grandfather - in the background. It is just a reminder to me of my great pioneer heritage. I can only hope to bring as much honor to my name by patterning my life after theirs.

7 comments:

shannon said...

love your tribute...he was so amazing and left us all with such an amazing legacy.

Mands Glenn said...

I love this picture of the prophet. Your words were so heart felt. What a great post! I love that I married into so much pioneer heritage. It's neat to hear all of the stories.

Amy Glenn said...

Hey, Brigham Young is my 3rd great grandfather, too; times 3- twice on my dad's side (the 2 wives that were sisters) & once by marriage (ewww, that's kind of weird).

I like what you said about President Hickley. He really was a great prophet and sweet, sweet man.

angie j. said...

yeah, i always feel a bit silly saying he's my 3rd g-grandfather...it's like me and about 2 million others! but a little bit kinda cool.

Jocelyn said...

I felt the same way as you... sad when I heard about his passing but immediately happy thinking about his sweet reunion with his wife and loved ones. What a great picture, too... and it IS cool that Brigham Young is your 3rd great grandfather. I loved your post.

mamanicky said...

I loved this post. President Hinckley was such a great ambassador for the church. He's a hard act to follow. I'm assuming Pres. Monson will fill his shoes, and if so, I'm very excited. He's also an awesome man. p.s. you're related to Brigham Young, did that get you any discounts on tuition??

angie j. said...

ha! discount on tuition i wish!