Tuesday, October 09, 2007

my blogging preferences

i'm not sure there is any such thing as "blog etiquette". i love reading the blogs of my friends and family and it's been so fun to 'rediscover' old friends or people i knew from growing up when i've linked from site to site. anyone who knows me, knows that i wouldn't be offended about comments made on my blog (unless they were downright narsty). i try to be discriminating about what i post and am conscious about not including too much personal information about my little family. the purpose of my blog is to provide updates to family and friends, without bombarding your in-boxes with emails and photos, but even more so, a place for me to just write about whatever the heck i want to.

what my blog isn't, is a forum for debate.

if I don't know you per se and you happen to be reading my blog, please feel free to comment. however, an introduction would be appreciated! :) i do feel a little nervous when random comments are made - all i ask is that you let me know who you are so i don't feel so...weird. i know this is something i do when visiting other blogs (like friends of my younger sister, friends of my friends, etc.)

i may have offended one such random commenter (who happens to know a friend of mine and checks out my blog) and i apologize. i have removed my post and this is just a heads up in the future for any other friends of friends of friends of friends. you're all welcome - just tell me who you are.

4 comments:

Evie B. said...

Hi, my name is Evonne. I read your blog all of the time. :) I'm basically stalking you!

I echo your thoughts on the post - a little weird when you don't quite know how to react or who you are reacting to. Good post!

Marilee said...

Hi, I'm Marilee! You and my little sister have been friends forever! Just kidding!!I'm totally NOT mocking you Ang! I TOTALLY get what you mean and am considering a COPY and PASTE from your post onto my blog! Seriously, how random that people are commenting on your blog to the extent that you need to post about it! Kind of creepy!

Julie said...

good job on clarifying that! btw-i'm julie, your best friend. :)

Steph said...

Hi Angie,
This is Stephanie from BYU...we were in broadcasting together! Do you remember me?
I've been reading your blog since you sent me the email, and even have a link to your blog from mine but I keep forgetting to email and let you know that I have a blog too.
It is http://yrublog.blogspot.com/

Just thought I would "out" myself as a reader :)
I love your blog...it is fun to keep up with you this way!
Steph