Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Fun with T&C

Tom and Cyndi are the best sports in the whole world. After flying the kids and I up to Calgary for THREE weeks, they decided they just couldn't get enough and hopped a plane (or two or three....) to NC for a visit. I was so excited for them to come because they hadn't seen the new house yet, and let's face it - I love having them all to myself. It's just less hectic and I love getting one on one time with each of them.

They left Calgary last Wednesday and were supposed to arrive at about 5pm that night. The flight crew had slept in and they arrived in time for their connection in Denver but the airline had already bumped them. So they hopped a plane to Pittsburgh and finally arrived at nearly midnight. How many times have I cautioned people to avoid traveling when I'm involved. At least in this case it seems my bad luck has rubbed off. They were able to get vouchers in Pittsburgh for free flights. I'm never that lucky!

Anyway, Thursday we got up early (10am) and dined at Cracker Barrel. We went on a tour of the race shop (photos below) and then began hatching a plan to head to the beach....

Papa & kids in the lobby


Dylan checkin' out the rrrrmmmmmoooommm!



View into front seat


These Redbull coolers are in every room in the shop

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Isn't it awesome when the parents come to visit? My mom was here this past week and just left yesterday. I love having visitors! Your parents are so nice to fly you home and then turn around and come to your house! That is super fun!

shannon said...

totally jealous you had such a good time with your family and that they got to tour the race shop! (that's where the real jealousy comes in!)

Cam said...

Hey Ang, do you any of my old CDs? Loves.

Julie said...

Fun! Say hi to Tom And Goldie for me!

Amy Glenn said...

Ah, the famous redbull cooler. How fun to see Phil's workplace. Looks too nice and clean to be a shop!