Monday, July 09, 2007

For once in my life...

Ok, Tony Bennett was awesome!! Well, kind of in a geriatric sort of way. I had yet to go to a concert where guests where assisted to their seats in wheelchairs - not because of disability but because of their age. I had a hard time keeping myself calm, wanting to scream, "I LOVE YOU TONY!!" but knowing that would have been totally inappropriate, given the present company. He was so amazing though and it was wonderful to hear him live. The band too was incredible - the pianist being the highlight of the show for me. I can't imagine having such confidence and ease with an instrument. As hard as I work to perfect short pieces of music - he was right on in every song. It was just awesome.

Thanks again to Mom and Dad for the tickets. It was truly a gift I'll never forget.




4 comments:

shannon said...

jealous, jealous, jealous! but i am so glad you had a fun night out with your parents...you deserve it!

Julie said...

Fun date with T & C! I'm glad you got to see Tony...that for sure is once in a lifetime!

Amy Glenn said...

Sounds like it was an awesome concert, Ang! That's so cool. Glad you had such a fun birthday treat.

Jocelyn said...

That was so awesome of your parents! What a fun birthday present! And you look great, too!