Friday, July 14, 2006

"Big and Short"

Well, it's another weekend without Phil. We had a fun day yesterday - taking the kids to Chuck E. Cheese's. Dylan was a little freaked out, but understandably so. The place is a little creepy. It was packed of course (middle of the summer duh!) but we bought our 20 tokens and when they were gone, we were finished. Places like that make me wish I could go home and bathe in Purell antibacterial and it was all I could do to keep Dylan from putting his hands in his mouth!

They have a new blue screen area where a video plays in the background and a child can dance in front of a blue screen and appear to be in the video. Marissa happened to be dancing while they were playing "In my pool" to the tune of the Beach Boys, "In my room." (at least that's the only version I'm aware of...) Anyway, I wish I'd had a video camera because it was hilarious! She was holding her breath and the whole bit. Too funny.



Dylan wasn't jazzed about Mr. Cheese.

Marissa's trip a year ago to CC's was very similar to Dylan's photo above. Glad that she can at least enjoy it now!


Anyway, we had fun despite my germ phobia. We lunched with Phil and he took off at 4:30. He's racing in Loudon, NH this weekend.

The kids and I swam at the pool this morning. It was really overcast but very hot so I was kind of glad the sun wasn't beating down on us. As we were getting ready to hit the pool, Marissa said, "Woah Mom, your bum is big." I said, "Oh really?" And she says, "Yeah, my bum is short." I tried to make myself feel better thinking that I DO workout and she's about the height that when she's standing behind me, my bum is really all she can see. Nothing like your four-year-old giving you a complex right? :)

5 comments:

Thomas Glenn said...

Chuck E. Cheese's freaks me out too. I've never had fun there, even as a kid.

Jocelyn said...

Angie... hilarious! The whole thing... Chuck E. Cheese, Dylan hating it, Marisa dancing and holding her breath to the song, the germs (sick) and then the incident at the pool. What a crack up! Her bum is "short"! That is too funny!

shannon said...

Chuck E. Cheese totally freaks me out also. We took Monica's kids there a few years ago, and the dancing puppets on stage are frightening. P.S. you don't have a huge bum!

Marilee said...

Hey Ang, It's Marilee...I have been avoiding Chuck E. Cheese all summer for the same reason it freaks you out. GERMS!! It is seriously gross if you think about it too much!! Your blog is so cute and your kids are adorable!! Oh yeah, and the last time I saw you your bum was NOT big!!!

Julie said...

Unlike everyone else I enjoy a good outing to Chuck E. Cheese. Except I do totally get the germs thing. That is too funny about your "big" bum. I LOVE that hers is short!